MARCH ON PAC
Last Updated: October 19, 2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive email or text message updates, request information, sign a petition, complete a survey, sign up as a volunteer, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, social media handles, user names, postal address, phone number, mobile number, credit card information, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect certain personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations exceed $200 per calendar year.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels” or “clear GIFs”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. We may also use such information for list matching and other purposes.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests , provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for March On PAC and for candidates, issues and organizations that we support;
- Contact you if other information is necessary under Federal election laws;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take; and
- Notify and contact contest or sweepstakes entrants; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
March On PAC is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving text messages, updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.